By visiting this site, you accept our terms
We will protect our intellectual property rights
The contents of this website, including the text, graphics, software and multi-media content is protected under international laws. Unauthorized use of our content may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You have no rights to use this content except as permitted by this agreement without prior written consent from us.
The trademarks, service marks and logos used on the website are registered marks of their respective owners. Nothing on this site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use these marks without our prior written permission specific for each such use. All goodwill generated from the use of our marks must be for the benefit of Investment traders.
NO WARRANTIES / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY / ALL CAPS
OUR LAWYERS HAVE TOLD US THAT WE NEED TO PUT THE FOLLOWING TEXT IN ALL CAPS. PLEASE EXCUSE THE FOLLOWING WALL OF TEXT. WE DON’T USUALLY YELL.
THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
We are not responsible for external sites
Using advanced hypertext document linking technology, we may, from time to time, link to external websites. These links do not represent our endorsement of external content. We are not responsible for any external content. If you have any concerns about content on external sites, please get in touch with the administrators of those sites. Please be careful when visiting external sites and keep your computer protected from viruses and other digital nasties.
To help us identify any work that you believe constitutes a copyright infringement, please provide us with the follow:
- A description of the copyrighted work and the URL on which it appears
- Your contact details, including email address
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that our use of the work is not authorized
- A statement, made under the penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf
We can terminate this agreement at will
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Website, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Website at any time without prior notice or liability.
Miscellaneous legalese be here
This agreement is governed by international laws. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid by a competent court, the invalidity of such provisions shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. Likewise, if we choose to terminate any provision in accordance with the termination provision, that termination shall not affect the termination of other provisions.
If we fail to act on, or enforce, any provision in this agreement, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that, or any other, provision. We will only grant waivers to specific provisions, for specific instances, in writing. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to this website and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements. The section headings are merely provided for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assignees, licensees and sublicensees.
Collection of Information
Categories of Non-Public Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect nonpublic personal information you provide to us when you apply for an Investment traders account or when you communicate with us about your Investment traders account. The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, bank account information, social security number, username, password, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Transactions With Us
As you use your Investment traders account to perform financial transactions, we collect nonpublic personal information in connection with each transaction, including transaction time, dollar amount and merchant details. We may also collect photos, memos or other information that you attach to your transactions.
Information From Other Sources
When you create an Investment traders account, we may collect information, including nonpublic personal information, about you from nonaffiliated third party service providers in order to verify your identity and for fraud prevention, including your prior addresses and names.
Other Information We Collect
We may also collect other information from you that is not connected with an Investment traders account as follows:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information you provide to us, such as your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may collect such information if you request an invite to join Investment traders or if you enter into any contest or promotion.
Information We Collect Automatically from our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information on our Services and other websites, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use your information, including nonpublic personal information as follows:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Investment traders and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Investment traders is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers, including nonpublic personal information, to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
(1) With financial service providers, including the financial institutions identified in your cardholder bank agreement that provide banking services in connection with your Investment traders account;
(2) With another user, when you sign up for Investment traders’s services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with Investment traders. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll;
(3) With non-financial companies, such as email service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf, and fraud prevention service providers that use the information to provide services to Investment traders and other companies;
(4) With other nonaffiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows:
- In response to a request for information, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With relevant law enforcement officials or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if we believe it is appropriate to investigate fraud;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Investment traders or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Investment traders’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified Information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.For example, we may share transaction zip codes and merchant names with third parties to improve our accuracy in geo-locating transactions and to improve the clarity of transaction descriptions.
You may edit your account profile information by logging into your account via our Services. If you wish to delete or deactivate your online account, please contact us but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from Investment traders by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you initially consent to the collection of location information by Investment traders or Google Maps within our mobile application, you may be able to subsequently stop this collection through your device operating system settings or through your online account settings. If either of these opt-out options are not available to you, you may also disable location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile application from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services include social sharing features for common social networks to let users share content. These features are served from third-party services that may serve their own cookies. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Investment traders takes reasonable measures to help protect all information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Additionally, Investment traders implements policies designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information, including a privacy protection policy for Social Security numbers. Investment traders limits access to your nonpublic personal information to employees that have a business reason to know such information, and implements security practices and procedures designed to protect the confidentiality and security of such information and prohibit unlawful disclosure of such information in accordance with its policies.